Addiction to snacking?

This section is for Family and Friends. How did Cocaine affect your family, Marriage, Friends, Relationship etc.

Addiction to snacking?

Postby PhoebeBuffay » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:56 am

Hi!
I think my husband is addicted to snacking. Is that even a thing? It is not reflected in his weight YET and I do not care about that. I worry about his health. I noticed that he always has a chocolate bar of some kind around, almost always munches on something: when he is working, driving, or watching TV. I am also pretty sure that he gets up at night pretending to go to the bathroom and goes to take a bite of something. When I asked him, he got irritated and then dismissed the whole thing. I am a little lost and don't know what to do and how to approach a problem. I do think this is a problem but he doesn't want to talk. What can I do about the whole situation?
PhoebeBuffay

Re: Addiction to snacking?

Postby CDavis83 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm

Maybe sign him up to a psychodietitian, psychologist, or psychiatrist who has experience with this type of eating disorder. Often individual support is the key to success, and these people have the best idea of how they can help him.

It is also a good idea to join online groups where other people are also struggling with food addiction. Exchange of ideas, useful tips, but above all, mutual motivation - these are important factors that determine the long-term effect.
CDavis83

Return to FAMILY AND FREINDS