INTERNET ADDICTION

This sections is for all other addictions. ie, Internet Addiction, Eating Addiction etc

INTERNET ADDICTION

Postby eharland » Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi everyone,

It seems that although "Internet addiction" isn't a clinical diagnosis (yet) a lot of people all over the world are seeking help and treatment for this very problem.

I am a trainee psychologist conducting doctoral research looking into Internet addiction. I am hoping to speak with people who identify with Internet addiction about their experiences. If you are someone who feels as though excessive Internet use is causing you distress or impairment in functioning in some way (impacting relationships/jobs etc), I would love to chat to you.

Please respond to me here! Thank you!

Ellie
eharland

Re: INTERNET ADDICTION

Postby Bernardrichii » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 am

“Internet Addiction” is a growing problem. As more individuals gain internet access every year, the number of people becoming obsessed and then addicted to the internet is increasing as well. Internet addiction shares a lot of similarities to other additions, and like other addictions can also be treated.I am Social Media and Internet addiction person.I just love to spend much time on the internet, which is creating a sense of depression and negative feelings in me.what can I do to stop this addiction.I an getting angry day by day without any reason and spend time just by browsing different stuff on the internet.It is disturbing my mind.Help to get recover from it.
Bernardrichii

Re: INTERNET ADDICTION

Postby CuriousSoul89 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:38 pm

I think in years to come internet and especially social media addiction will be rife in the future, though it may not be diagnosed as it just seen as going with the "times" as technology advances. Then again anything can be an addiction really when you think about it , anyway I regress.

I'm here because I'm totally addicted to chat rooms and constantly chatting to someone via app skype Fb whatsapp Text you name it. I'm getting better at limiting my time on chat rooms but still struggle daily with general internet things espcially when I have nothing to do. I know my counsellor has taught me that its much better to get real life connections and talk using eye contact . Its just hard as I have always used the internet as a clutch when times get hard or I demand something of my life that I need to be more patient with.

I would love to hear anyone else who has similar problems with internet addiction.
CuriousSoul89

Return to OTHER ADDICTIONS