iPhone addiction - national feature

This sections is for all other addictions. ie, Internet Addiction, Eating Addiction etc

iPhone addiction - national feature

Postby RachelToal » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a feature about technology addiction and I urgently need to speak to someone who is or has been addicted to their iPhones. It's for a sensitive feature and there is a fee for whoever gives up their time to help. Ideally, the person will have sought help for their addiction.

Please let me know asap (by tomorrow lunchtime) if you or anyone you know is interested in taking part.

Thank you,

Rachel Toal
rachel@racheltoal.com
RachelToal

Re: iPhone addiction - national feature

Postby Andy284 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi Rachel,
If you take any kid with a mobile phone, I don't know if they are addicted, but if they have BBM or unlimited texting , none of them get off it. I was taking to a friend who's daughter has had her phone taken off her as she was getting up in the night to answer her phone having school the next morning. My partners daughter is never off her phone and her son has a new girlfriend and he is flat out on the phone all the time too.
Andy284

Postby Harry78 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello Rachel,
My wife and her group of school mothers who all have kids the same age at school have made a pact that come 8.00pm they all take the phones off their children until school the next morning. This has really worked and everyone seems to be fine with it. I hope that helps.
Harry ;)
Harry78

Postby Darren Bent » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 am

I seem to be addicted to my iPhone purely because I feel I have to look at it every 5-10 mins as I get all my emails through it , I go on Facebook to see what's happening, I go on twitter, eBay etc. just so much going on. Now I am wide awake as been playing games on it, and now after a bit of surfing, I am leaving this message on here with it. I wish I didn't have this bloody phone as I would have been asleep hours ago!!! Ahhhhh!!! :twisted:
Darren Bent

Postby RachelToal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am

Hello, thanks for all your replies. Ideally I'm looking for someone whose iPhone addiction has affected them so badly that they have had to get help. Don't suppose you know of anyone that would apply to?

Thanks,
Rachel
RachelToal

Postby Andy284 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Rachel,
I have been to rehab and can safely say I have not come across an addiction to iPhones. I think it would be hard for someone to admit they needed rehab for a phone problem, bearing in mind rehab centres deal with all addictions not just drug and alcohol. Can you imagine if someone did go to rehab and a crack cocaine addicts asks them what are they addicted to? And they say their phone. I feel they might just tell them to "man up" a bit. Good luck though. Maybe better speaking to counsellors on this one. ;)
Andy284

Postby RachelToal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Andy. Yes, this is going to be a tricky one to find. Thanks for taking the time to advise me though.

Best wishes,
Rachel
RachelToal

Postby Bob Johnson » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,
I have a friend called Adrian Davies who is a counsellor, and he deals with this sort of stuff all the time. I will call him today as he is a member on here, and you may wish to talk to him. :)
Bob Johnson

Postby G. Mills » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Only a thought, but have you spoke to ADUS Healthcare direct?? I would think they will know someone. :D
G. Mills

Postby Stacey.H » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't feel there is such a thing as an iphone addiction. We all need them for work and play.
Stacey.H

Return to OTHER ADDICTIONS