HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great place to discuss anything relating to Alcohol.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Cooldasice » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:38 am

Hi All

this is my first post and i am really struggling.

I have finally broken up with my alcohol dependant girlfriend of 4 years. After suffering for a year and a half and managing to fast track her into rehab (via some truly great people at Turning Point) we had got a place sorted together, we were due to move in yesterday. She was working full time again, everything seemed perfect. She was sober for 6 months we had finally been on holiday for the first time in 2 years.

Cue to 1 week ago when she had some 'family' issues. This is her trigger, she has a shit family, they kicked her out on to the street, they are the most useless bunch you will meet. She has drunk everyday from last Monday to yesterday (probably drinking now).

I had to cancel move in plans, come clean to my family who have supported us both for the past 2 years, deal with the fall out from estate agent, come to terms with the fact that our cat (who is being looked after by a third party) will likely never see him again as well.

My gf had been in a dry house, so she was kicked out of there on Wednesday, thankfully Alabare moved her to a wet house, where she has made no effort to change her ways. She is now in the darkest grips of addiction, shaking and withdrawing heavily. I met with a friend of my mums last night who is a counselor at a rehab facility who told me how it was. That my actions are not going to make her better. I am an ambulance for this girl, back in April for example i was collecting her from the hospital every day as she would drink pass out, hurt herself then get taken to hospital ,all while i was trying to hold down a very high pressured job.

Last night i broke down on the phone to her saying how i had had too much and i couldn't do it anymore. There was sincere sadness from her side and she was so apologetic and remorseful (she always is, never argues or justifies, sober she is a very gentle and loving soul). Obviously sleeping last night was tough.

I feel so guilt that she is in a shithole estate in the city with noone left to turn to and probably feeling so alone. What shall i do? Can anyone advise ways they got through it.

I am currently studying for ACA too as well as my job so i have so much on my plate.

I was advised not to say anything that resembled i would give her another chance if she got better because she may not focus on getting better but make me believe she is better so i take her back. Can anyone advise me on that as i want to give her another chance if she can recover? I know the girl i fell in love with is still there.

Lastly, this may seem shallow, but she is incredible looking too, as in model level of beauty and i think it makes it harder as i feel she is 'too good' for the life she is living.

I would welcome any thoughts or comments.

Thanks so much for reading.

J
Cooldasice

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jenalia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:40 pm

I totally understand you have so many things to do in your life and on the other side your gf as I can ex gf but right now she needs you. She already faced so much in life. she needs your love and care. So take her to another rehab center. Otherwise, you can go for other treatments as well like meditation, etc.
jenalia

Return to ALCOHOL ADDICTION