Is it safe just to stop drinking?

This is a great place to discuss anything relating to Alcohol.

Is it safe just to stop drinking?

Postby Dean1536 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

I drink on average 3 bottles of wine a day, albeit it is generally in the evenings, as I do hold down a good job. Would it be safe for me to just stop???
Dean1536

Re: Is it safe just to stop drinking?

Postby Andy284 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:14 am

According to most drug and alcohol rehab websites it is most defiantly NOT safe to just stop drinking if your body is used to heavy drinking. The reasons being, it can bring on a fit, seizure or even worse and in some cases it can be fatal. My advice would be, go and seek medical help either through your doctor or a rehab centre. It costs you nothing for advice from any centre, or call the addiction helpline. www.addictionHelpline.co.uk

Saying that , I have just noticed the Addiction Helplines phone number is at the top of the page here. Good luck. :)
Andy284

Postby goodfuturereinc » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:09 am

3 bottle in day is serious drinking habit i would say so if you stop drinking immediately then your body resist this change for sure.so what you need to do is to slowly slowly take less drinks.in first week you just drink 2 and half bottle and in next week 2 bottle and so on.so your body get auto adjusted with this change.
goodfuturereinc

Postby HawkEye » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:38 am

i guess the best solution to beat alcoholism is to consult a professional first rather than making our own remedies.. as Andy said, it can be fatal. i'm scared to completely stop drinking too. it's very difficult. especially if you have a partner who's alcoholic too.. i think i'ts not a bad idea to search for rehab centers.
HawkEye

Postby Andy284 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 am

If you are searching for a rehab centre, I went to this website:

www.FindARehab.co.uk

There are loads there . Good luck.
Andy284

Postby HawkEye » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:53 am

thanks Andy for the suggestion.. my partner's relatives gave her a list of alcohol-rehab alcoholism recovery program's which made us decide to try. they suggested it base on their perspective, so were hoping for a good outcome. we have a lot of options to choose from and our minds are flooded with plans..but we have to trim and organize them properly, especially that we will be doing this separately.
HawkEye

Postby xander » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:38 am

Yeah Andy is right is NOT safe if you just stop drinking without consulting to the experts, just like me before I decided to stop drinking I need to hear some advice from the experts.
xander

Postby J.Harvey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:58 am

If you want to stop any addiction. It's always safer to reduce rather than stop. With alcohol for example, if you just stop you are likely to bring on a seizure, fit, and in some cases it can be fatal. You must also remember, in some cases there is NO help as the alcoholic has reach the point of no return, and is going to die regardless of any help. That sadly is fact. This can soon be established once the liver function blood tests are in. And YES, you have no choice. They are going to die.
J.Harvey

Postby Jerry38 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:16 am

Take it slowly, reduce your drinks first, and you must have a program or seek a help from experts.
Jerry38

Is it safe just to stop drinking

Postby RomalaG.Lok » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:13 pm

I wish I could stop drinking soda. Maybe that should be something I aim for this year. I love water, just not as much as soda. I also have taken a liking to Fuze drinks I think I will try what another poster mentioned and have one a day then go every other day. I usually will get a major headache if I dont have a soda. I usually only drink diet coke, or diet dr. pepper. Thanks for bringing this up as I would love to cut back if not stop completely
RomalaG.Lok

Next

Return to ALCOHOL ADDICTION