Solpadine

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Solpadine

Postby Dizzypanda » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:39 am

Hi
I have been addicted to Solpadine for 22 years. I will take anything between 12-18 per day in a soluble form. Two weeks ago I had horrendous headaches and began realising I was taking too many per day so decided to cut down and make sure I didn't take more than 8. Since Friday I have cut this down to six - I was going to cut down two per week until I could stop them completely. I did do this on e before and when I completely stopped I had a bad 5 days of withdraw but I need to do this and just hoped I could have any advice that anyone could give. I am already having withdraw symptoms but am still going to work etc - I just know I need to do this before it's too late. Thanks for any advice.
Dizzypanda

Re: Solpadine

Postby Andy284 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:51 am

Hi,
As you know, it's just you battling against your head. The same as any addiction. I found it helped me to start a war against my head, (however crazy that sounds) and when the cravings got really bad, I kept telling myself it was just my head and body fighting me in this great battle. If you stay focused and treat it as a big battle, a game, a challenge etc, you should get through this. I know ADUS Healthcare are offering a 10 day residential detox for £1750 all in, if you really get stuck. That is the cheapest available in the UK at the moment if it helps. Anyway, good luck and keep fighting. You will do it. :roll:
Andy284

Postby Dizzypanda » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanks Andy - after a day at work I am really lethargic and am ready for bed but I know I can do this - your battling with the head thing makes so much sense!
Dizzypanda

Postby Andy284 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Good luck. Be strong. You can win, and the longer the battle the easier it will become.

I look at it like this. If you go to push a broken down car, it's really hard, but once it starts to move it gets easier and easier. It's the same with your addiction. Just give it a really good push for a couple of days, and you will feel it start to move.

Take care.
Andy284

Postby Dizzypanda » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks again Andy - great analogy about the car. I am taking 6 per day at the moment and will reduce it to 4 by the weekend. Trying not to think about too far ahead - slowly, slowly catchy monkey!
Dizzypanda

Postby xander » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:26 am

Why you just can't stop taking it? Why just need to reduce it? It's not safe for taking pain medications too much, they're a pain reliever, how you become addicted to it
xander

Postby clevercass » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Xander- you seem to be quite naive so heres a real simple explanation for you. You seem to associate coming off any addiction with willpower???. Willpower is a really stupid word. If addiction could be treated with willpower, there wouldnt be alcoholics, smokers, gamblers etc. People would just stop being addicted and that would be that. No obesity, diabetes. No nothing. Heres an example of how addiction can start. I have a long term disability called fibromyalgia. I take medication long term as i am in too much pain without it to work. I work full time. I am dependant on pills now to relieve the pain in order to work. I am now coming off certain pills as i am addicted now. I am now on other pills which no doubt ill become dependant on. This vicious circle is not good. But i am able to work with a debilitating condition. My doctor has prescibed these tablets to me. That is how simple an addiction can start. From the replies you have put on these forums it seems you are either trying to belittle people who come here out of desparation or you really are just that stupid. Either way you may need to do some research before answering some posts as this is a forum designed to HELP people. Trust me you couldnt make me feel worse than i already do so stop trying. P.S. I would be interested to know if you have ever had any addiction? Certain types of food you just cant say no to? Fixations on anything specific you can think off? Obsessions of any kind? Awaiting your reply. Thank you! :-)
clevercass

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION