Recovery Dating UK

Feel free to comment on anything "ADDICTION RELATED" in this section.

Recovery Dating UK

Postby russj » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello everybody. I would like to get some feedback and support on this new idea I have.

I noticed that the UK doesnt have a website dedicated to those in stable recovery seeking out potential partners. In regular online dating it can be hard to know when to "open up" to someone new about your previous struggles. A website devoted to those in happy stable recovery could be a great way to meet likeminded people who understand each others pasts.

So I created this website recoverydating.co.uk

I would REALLY appreciate your feedback and especially if you have the time to sign up for an account - please let me know how easy that process was and if I could streamline it etc.

Many thanks in advance

Russell
russj

Re: Recovery Dating UK

Postby Andy284 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:24 am

Hi Russell,
Good luck with the website. I am not sure if its for me as my drinking was caused by my breakup. I am 95% happy now and I feel if I was to enter another relationship I would be 50% / 70% happy. Maybe because I have not found the right women yet? Anyway, happy at 95% for what it is worth.
Andy284

Re: Recovery Dating UK

Postby russj » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks Andy.

I know what you mean, relationships can sometimes send us to our drug of choice. I created this website for people in committed recovery to find other like minded people, so to remove that awkward conversation "Why dont you drink?" etc.

I am hoping people will sign up just to get the ball rolling - its completely free and could become an excellent resource for those in recovery.

Thanks

Russ
russj

Return to GENERAL GOSSIP