Try this method to give up smoking.

This is the smoking section. Can't give up? Need help giving up. This section is to discuss everything related to Smoking, giving up smoking, health issues, etc Everyone welcome.

Try this method to give up smoking.

Postby Suzanne May » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi, this worked for me.

week 1 = Replace the cigarettes with 4 mg nicotine gum. (Even if you don't like it, get on with it. Just do it)

Week 2 = Reduce the gum by half to 2 Mg. (Stick with it, it will work)

Week 3 = Give up Gum. If you get a craving, have an orange, go for a walk, Find something to do.

It will start to get easier. This is what you need to think.

Your brain is telling you you need nicotine. Its nothing else but that.

You have to learn to be stronger than your brain.

You are NOT going to die if you don't have nicotine. Keep telling yourself, "you can be stronger than your brain".

Exercise is a great way to forget about smoking.

STAY AWAY FROM ANY FRIENDS OR PLACES WHERE SMOKING TAKES PLACE.

For some reason friends don't like you to give up as they are left on there own to smoke. Rise above it. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Post a comment if you are struggling, and I will help you through this. GOOD LUCK SMOKERS .
Suzanne May

Re: Try this method to give up smoking.

Postby Spencer B » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:32 am

I smoked for years and loved every minute of it. I found when I was old enough and my body had had enough I just stopped. Don't know if this happened for anyone else? Just got board of the whole thing.
Spencer B

Postby HawkEye » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:01 am

i've been a smoker (of many kinds) for many years now..and i haven't had signs from my body that it wants to stop now. my mind wants to, but its challenging. i wonder if this method is effective in quitting weeds?
HawkEye

Postby adele » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:28 am

Yes, i tried gum, it's nice to forget about smoking, and
Exercises was really helpful to stop smoking too, after the run or back from gym i am tottaly tired just feel like only want to enjoy some fresh air..
anyway... yah, i am smoking again... underpressure of work, no time for exercises.. any reason... just for smoke again :(
thinking about changing to eletronic cigarette :)
adele

Return to SMOKING ADDICTION