Can't Give Up!!!!!

This is the smoking section. Can't give up? Need help giving up. This section is to discuss everything related to Smoking, giving up smoking, health issues, etc Everyone welcome.

Can't Give Up!!!!!

Postby Lucy Cole » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:58 pm

I have given up loads of times, but as usual, I keep going back to it. My kids keep telling me I will die if I keep smoking, and to be fair, they are right. Has anyone got a great way to give up smoking and to stay given up?
Lucy Cole

Re: Can't Give Up!!!!!

Postby Tim Jones » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 am

Have you tried all the GUMS, SWEETS etc available? They worked for my wife.
Tim Jones

Postby Lucy Cole » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 am

Hi Tim, I have tried the lot. Gum, Sweets, Patches etc. They would have to make a "wetsuit" out of nicotine patches for me to stop!!!!
Isn't there anything new out there?? Oh and the electric cigarettes don't do it for me either. :|
Lucy Cole

Postby Tim Jones » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 am

Well then Lucy, It looks like you are stuck with Smelly Clothes, Smelling Breath, Smelly Hair etc - Did that help?? I did see someone at work a while back who gave up by reading a book by someone "Carr" I think it was. Not the famous Alan or Jimmy, but I do think it might be a different Alan Carr. You might find it on Google. Apparently it has sold millions. Sorry I can't be more help than that. :)
Tim Jones

Postby Lucy Cole » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am

Bloody Hell, Just Googled it and it is Alan Carr. Here is what I have found:
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life.
Then I found: daily mail› Health › Health Directory › Smoking14 Aug 2006 – Allen Carr, the anti-smoking guru, has been given months to live after being diagnosed with lung cancer linked to nicotine intake.
Followed by: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_CarrAllen Carr (London, 2 September 1934 – Benalmádena, 29 November 2006) was a British author of books about quitting smoking.
Lucy Cole

Return to SMOKING ADDICTION