DOCUMENTARY ON ALCOHOLISM

This is a great place to discuss anything relating to Alcohol.

DOCUMENTARY ON ALCOHOLISM

Postby johnnyproducer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

Hi,

I'm a television producer working on a documentary series about important social issues affecting Britain today. One of the episodes deals with the national tragedy that is alcoholism. I'm endeavouring to steer clear of the stereotypes that surround the issue: namely not focussing exclusively on addiction affecting lower-income households in certain areas. Rather, I'm keen to see how the disease permeates throughout, across all ages, classes, regions and ethnicities.

Some of the sections of society seldom heard about in relation to alcoholism are so-called 'white collar' workers, i.e. people who work in high-pressure office jobs who have drinking problems. Recently, we've heard concerns that growing numbers of doctors and lawyers, for example, are alcohol-dependent. So too, the number of women seeking help for dependency. And I'm also interested in kids under legal drinking age who have serious alcohol dependency issues.

This is a sensitive observational documentary series and we want to speak to people who can articulate why alcohol dependency isn't, as some newspapers would have us believe, "a lifestyle choice", but rather a pernicious disease that can ruin lives.

If you're someone who is affected by alcohol addiction or has children with alcohol problems, I would be grateful to hear from you. Our conversation will be strictly off the record and if you have an interest in sharing your story on camera, we can discuss possibilities to make you anonymous through blurring.

You can reach me by email on johnnyemcdevitt@gmail.com, my mobile on 07738472132 or on Twitter @mcdevittjohnny
johnnyproducer

Return to ALCOHOL ADDICTION