Looking for a changes

This is a great place to discuss anything relating to Alcohol.

Looking for a changes

Postby xander » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 am

Hi everyone, I started drinking when I was 18, and now I become addicted to alcohol, I lost everything because of this addiction specially my wife and son's they left because they can't resist my drinking problem. Now I decided to get sober from this addiction, but I don't what I need to do. I willing to listen to your suggestions and advice. Thank you in advance
xander

Re: Looking for a changes

Postby Bob Johnson » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello Xander. There is help out there. You have a choice of NHS rehab, or Private rehab. From what I am told, the NHS detox etc takes ages before you get any help, and the private detox etc is immediate, but you will need to pay for it. That's basically your choice. Good luck. :D
Bob Johnson

Postby xander » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:21 am

Hi bob thanks for this tip. How much it may cause? Is it affordable? How many days that I will stay in this rehabilitation?
xander

Postby Roger C » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi, it depends what you call expensive? Detox from £1295 is the cheapest.
Roger C

Postby xander » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 am

For going on rehab. thank you roger for the information, and thank you guys for supporting me here
xander

Postby Joe Price » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am

Good luck Xander. :)
Joe Price

Postby Jerry38 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:13 am

You better go to rehabilitation center, they can help you there. Good luck! :)
Jerry38

Postby xander » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:14 am

Yeah, I know they can help me. I want to live without alcohol in my life. I'm attending an AA meeting now they helped me a lot and give me advice to get my sobriety goals. Thank you for the help and support that you gave to me.
xander

Postby xander » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:58 am

I just wanna make an update.
My life is changing and it's getting better than it was before. I feel more free and positive. I'm currently looking for another rehab center that can offer a lot of therapy choices that could help me to continually recover. I found this site, "Drug Detoxification New York", and I am planning to visit their treatment center personally. Hope I’ll find other interesting and helpful ways to remain drug free. My wife and son has been seeing me since I started doing better, and I feel relieved. I am glad that I found this forum and have been able to share my experiences and thoughts. People here are very much open in sharing their own struggles and are actively writing their thoughts to help others. Thank you to all who supported me. I'll keep being sober for the ones that I love and for myself. Have a sober life! Cheers!
xander

Postby thegambler19 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34 am

Just power through xander, what's happening to you is progress and I'm glad that you are doing well. It is a hard journey, but it isn't impossible.
thegambler19

Return to ALCOHOL ADDICTION