On moderation and (can anyone recommend a good book?)

This is a great place to discuss anything relating to Alcohol.

On moderation and (can anyone recommend a good book?)

Postby wisemonkeys » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:25 pm

I have to except that I've turned into a binge drinking alcoholic again.
I caught up with a mate I hadn't seen in 12 years and we ended up having a night on the town. But for me, it turned into a 6 day bender. Be it the first 3 days were enjoyable, the last 3 were not worth it, but my switch had already been pressed. That's 4 days drunk, 1 day tipsy, 1 day hare of the dogs, 2 days hanging and a further 4 days of sleep deprivation and co. I got a solid 5 hours sleep in last night, I wouldn't be writing this otherwise. And looking ahead, I probably won't get drunk for a few weeks or so. I can do this now.
Though I'm still trying to manage my drink better,(because I am not ready to try and give up yet), I have come a long way, even longer before fucking lockdown brought my capacity for drink higher again! I may be a binge drinker again, but after a binge I can now have longer periods of abstinence from drink and that is largely to do with a book I read recently, which was recommended to me, and I thought I should also recommend it. What comes around goes around, right!
The book a memoir of someone's struggles to give up alcohol, but its quite insightful and very honest, that honest in fact, I don't think the Authors name is his real name. Anyway.
It's called - One year sober by Shemhon Kale.

If there is anyone who can recommend me a good book on Alcoholism, it would be much appreciated.
wisemonkeys

Return to ALCOHOL ADDICTION