From Danish Broadcasting Corp. Doing piece on Meth

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

From Danish Broadcasting Corp. Doing piece on Meth

Postby tomc1978 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi
I work for Danish Broadcasting Corporation and I'm looking to do a story on the problems of Meth in the UK - I'm based in London. I am looking for people who have experience with meth as this is also spreading to Denmark. It's for Radio - so no pictures and it can be as anonymous as people wish - and it's only broadcast in Denmark.

I'm interested in speaking to both users and people working to get users out of the addiction. I'd be very thankful to hear from your.I can be contacted on tmc@dr.dk

Regards
Tom Carstensen

www.dr.dk/orientering
tomc1978

Re: From Danish Broadcasting Corp. Doing piece on Meth

Postby Andy284 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:19 am

Hi Tom,
I don't think Meth (Crystal Meth I presume, not Methadone or Methadrone) is a massive problem over here. When I was in rehab recently I spoke to the guys there and asked about Meth addiction, and do they get any Meth addicts here , and they had Not had a Meth addict in for over 3 years. Maybe it is because Meth addicts cannot afford rehab , or maybe we do not have many in the UK. I have spent my life with drug addicts, and i can say over here in the UK , Meth is Not the drug of choice. Anyone else have any ideas??
Andy284

Postby Darren Bent » Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 am

I think it is more of an American problem. Yes there are Meth addicts over here , but this is not an epidemic in London or anywhere else in the UK. Cocaine and alcohol are the biggest problems over here Tom. Maybe a programme on that may be better. :)
Darren Bent

Postby Don » Tue May 14, 2013 4:35 am

Can't sleep, and see it is getting busy on here so thought I would join in.
I don't know anyone on Crystal Meth and I live in London, so not sure how your going to get on over here Tom with your program.
Like Darren says , Cocaine and Alcohol would be a better choice to do a program on.
You would get loads of people to talk to on that.
Oh well, like I said, couldn't sleep, so thought I would join in.
Good luck with you programme Tom. ;)
Don

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION