Valium - can't stop.

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Valium - can't stop.

Postby unsatisfied » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi,

I'm new here so will briefly explain my situation... I've been using/abusing valium on and off since last April/May and it's led to a lot of problems including self harm and suicidal behaviours which have been pretty traumatic. I really want to get off it but although I manage a week or more sometimes, I eventually go back. It used to be purely due to psychological symptoms (increased anxiety, paranoia, nightmares etc) but this time since abstaining (cold turkey) I've been getting lots of painful GI symptoms (gastroparesis and IBS) which have made me cave in and start using again. Even though I've taken more in the past compared to what I'm taking at the moment, it's still too much and I've had a couple of fraud incidences on my card due to buying from dodgy sources. I also fear that I'll take more and more as the days go on. I literally took enough today just to relieve my stomach issues...not sure if numbers are ok on here so won't state doses. Anyway, I'd really like to know if anyone has managed to successfully withdraw from valium without unbearable GI issues (not even taking the anxiety symptoms into account). I know I'll never get high from them anymore, which is the kicker, I'm purely taking them just not to feel crap. It's so expensive and I'm fed up of feeling awful when I'm trying to do the best to quit.

Look forward to hearing from you x
unsatisfied

Re: Valium - can't stop.

Postby topa01 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Hey unsatisfied
I'm an ex addict and qualified drugs counsellor so thought I would give u my opinion . first up please make sure u buy from somewhere reliable. I say the following for information purposes only but for example- There are plenty of places on the darkweb that you can go to. I won't reccomend one since probably counts as supplying. Just google how to access dark web. Then once you got that done google list of darkweb marketplaces. Then go from there and you should have an idea what's available. The sites run like amozan where sellers build up a reputation. I know people can get scammed but this is rare. Also if not you can buy on the real normal web its just more expensive. Always do your research and make sure the site is legit. Anyway regards your situation I think the only way for you to be able to manage is to do a gradual detox. U could take the amount to stop pain and stick there for few days then drop a bit and repeat till your clean. You could drop as little as you need to make it but just sick with it. That's what they do when you go prison and it really makes the experience much more bearable. You could go and get treatment and prescription with your local drugs agency or u could just detox yourself,I say this as I get the impression you don't want registered help. One last thing is you need to deal with whatever psychological issues are the reason for you using. That's the only way you will be truly happy and settled in life. If you need any help or support from me just let me know. Whether it be talking about anything or even just bit of support then I'm always here.
topa01

Postby rashers » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi, Unsatisfied.

This is my first post here, I was going to introduce myself first and all that but looking around for the right place I saw your post and thought I would respond. I am coming off a 3 year long etizolam/flubromazolam addiction (non scheduled and research benzos). I got to the point where I had to stop it. I saw my GP told him everything, showed him what I'd been taking. He had to look up what they were and their diazepam equivalence but he has put me on a diazaepam/valium taper schedule from something called the ashton manual. My advice is go to the GP and ask about tapering off. Don't try to go so fast, the schedule I am on will take 38 weeks dropping a mg a week.

I don't know if all GPs are this "enlightened" or if I just got lucky, but tell them, mention the "ashton manual" and get them to prescribe it to you. If the GP wants to go faster, get a second opinion or a third until you find one who'll do this properly. Other people may have had other experiences, I'm 8 weeks in on 30 mg a day and I'm still having a rough week, so I can only imagine what it must be like trying to cope with this on your own, sourcing meds from god knows where. Actually I know a bit about that as I was getting mine from the web beforehand.

If you really want to get off, tell the doctor, I was honestly surprised at how un-surprised he was.

Good luck, whatever you decide
rashers

Postby Andy284 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Great Post.

Good luck "Rashers".

There will be more people thinking about you than you know. :)
Andy284

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION