Cocaine addiction?

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Cocaine addiction?

Postby Brendan6 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi there new to the site.

I think I am developing a cocaine addiction but don't know if it's 100 percent, whether to seek help or because of my circumstances I will be wasting their time.

I'm doubtful because I am not a heavy user, I don't do it every day or week. But as soon as I come into some money, I will pretty much spend it all on coke for the night til I am out of money and even borrowing more for the evening. Putting myself in debt, promising not to touch the stuff again, but I seem to relapse every 4-6 weeks. With the first few weeks after doing it feeling depressed and never wanting to touch it again, then as the weeks go by I start craving it and struggle to forget about it at times.

I have just gone about 5 weeks and relapsed again, left me broke for a few weeks after spending a few hundred quid. And could definitely do with advice,
Brendan6

Re: Cocaine addiction?

Postby anchal123 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:52 am

Hi, It's really very sad to hear. I would suggest you to go to a Drug rehabilitation centre. There you will get various other treatment programs. Detoxification, spiritual activity and many other programs are provided to divert the addict's mind. One of my friends were also addicted with drugs and he got enrolled at a rehab center which proved to be beneficial.
anchal123

Postby Matthew » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:35 pm

That's immediately alarm bells ringing, but when your in control and use thats when it really is damaging.
Matthew

Postby sorrystate31 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi, I can relate to this. When you don't use daily you think you haven't got a problem.
But in reality you have.
I only used Coke on a Friday and Saturday night. Started using when at parties and out in town. But then began using at home with my other half as have children and getting babysitters was difficult.
We thought we weren't doing any harm. Most people drink alcohol at home on a Friday and sat night, so what was the problem with what we were doing?
Weeks became months, months became 3 yrs and before I knew it I was finding evidence of my partner using during the week behind my back. He would make arguements with me so I wouldnt talk to him, then he could use Coke slyly and I wouldn't know if he was just sat there watching tv. I found him a out on a few occasions. He was sorry and would promise not to do it again. But I still used with him on a Friday and sat, thinking he was the one with the big problem and not me.
But I was feeding his habit and he was feeding mine. We became co-dependant.
He just came out of rehab a few days ago. When he was not here I thought about Coke, but didn't feel the need to do it. Now he's back I have a desire to do it again. I've been clean of Coke and weed (which we smoked everyday for 16yrs) for 4 weeks now. He's doing the 12 steps with CA and I am having local one to ones with a local support group. But I am an addict. I always will be, we are in the early stages of recovery. Neither of us want to do it again, but there is always a desire. Coke nowadays is only about 12% actual cocaine, the rest is made up of all sorts. For the first time in a long time, I have feelings and a clear head. We can't go back or we will loose everything. Stay strong and get help, it's out there you just have to look for it. Good luck!
sorrystate31

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION