Help/advice needed please

This section covers ALL drugs, from Heroin to pain Killers. General Gossip.

Help/advice needed please

Postby Sonja2014 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:49 am

HI, apologies for not introducing myself but I can't find an intro section. I was also unsure where to post as I have a drug, alcohol and gambling addiction (all of which have separate forums) which has got me into severe debt and is affecting my work.

A bit of background - I am a long term sufferer of depression which I have always self-medicated, mainly with alcohol. Several years ago a friend introduced me to cocaine and eventually I self-referred myself to an organisation that really helped. I stayed clean for years but for some reason started up again a year ago. Now, in order to save money I have started trying legal highs but I don't like them. At the same time I have become addicted to gambling websites (slots and bingo) where I bet more than I can afford just to try and win back money I have lost. I know I'm onto a loser but can't seem to stop myself.

I was referred to a CBT counsellor through the NHS but as soon as I said I had a drug problem she said she couldn't help me an I don't have the motivation to work through my CBT book on my own. I'm struggling to find an out and get back to the positive me so any suggestions would be really great.

xx
Sonja2014

Re: Help/advice needed please

Postby Markr » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Have you thought about meeting with similar people? It could help to just be around the same things with people?
Markr

Postby Rehabilitation » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Doctors here help with all kind of addictions.
Hope it will help you!
Good luck and take care...
Rehabilitation

Postby xander » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 am

Sorry for your difficult situation, this the first time that I read a post with three addiction problems, it's very hard to figure out what will be the solution to that problem, I think this forum site can help you with your problem.
xander

Postby johnlennon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:40 am

Hello,
I can understand how hard it is to try to get rid of a habit which is out of control. I have seen my loved ones with the same situation and its terrible. We consulted so many doc., which is again pathetic when no result avail.

God bless!!!
johnlennon

Postby Jerry38 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 am

I think it's hard for you dealing with 3 addictions. But it's a good thing that you've come here. This forum is really a helpful one.
Jerry38

Postby lacmac » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello.
If you still need help to quit I can show you a way to the toxin free, clear thinking, happy life. This is probably too pink now but the persons who did it, they said that they life became better, happier they can enjoy they life, family, hobbies. So if you still want to quit from the drug or alcohol suffering there is an option. I wish you the best.
lacmac

Return to DRUGS ADDICTION